Who Can Apply?
- Any Bhutanese national above 18 years of age.
- Co-operatives, farmers group and group of persons.
- New start up Cottage and Small Industries (CSIs) engaged in manufacturing & production and non-formal rural activities.
- Projects meeting the industry classification and criteria of CSI under the production and manufacturing category of the Ministry of Economic Affairs (MoEA), Royal Government of Bhutan.
- Projects that are technically feasible and financially viable.
- Projects meeting the principles of priority sector as mentioned in the Economic Stimulus Plan Implementation Report (ESP IR), namely:
- import substitution
- export enhancement or promotion and
- creation of employment shall be supported
- Any project already financed by the other Financial Institutions.
- Civil Servant(s) , Corporate Employee(s), selected Candidate(s) in Local Government Election and Parliamentarian.
- REDCL will not support funds to the following individuals and business:
- Project(s) which are already established,
- Applicant is of an unsound mind,
- Applicant is a minor- below 18 years of age,
- Applicant has supplied false information and disclosure, and
- CIB reports of the applicant reflects and adverse record of past defaults with other banks and non-bank financial institution in the country.
- Where an individual(s) having loans in the banks and non-bank financial institutions and proposed funds from the REDCL exceeding Nu. 20 million.
 As per the BCSR 18.104.22.168- Civil servant SHALL NOT -engage in any work or activity outside his official duty during office time, carry out a business or trade that would need him to apportion or compromise his loyalty ant integrity, involve with his spouse’s business or trade.